Prof. Cernicharo (NANOCOSMOS PI) has been awarded the 2018 Gold Medal of the Spanish Royal Physical Society and BBVA Foundation for his outstanding merits, impact and leadership in Molecular Astrophysics at the international level. Congrats!
Prof. José Cernicharo has been awarded with the Guillermo Haro Visiting Professorship 2016 at the Instituto Nacional de Astrofísica, Óptica y Electrónica (INAOE, Puebla, Mexico). Following this award, INAOE has organized the Guillermo Haro School on Molecular Astrophysics (October 11 – 21, 2016). Several NANOCOSMOS scientists (Asunción Fuente from CNIG-IGN, Nuria Marcelino, José Pablo Fonfría and Luis Velilla from ICMM-CSIC) will give lectures on the following topics:
- Molecular Astrophysics, Spectroscopy, Chemistry in the ISM (José Cernicharo)
- Physical and chemical processes in the ISM, Protoplanetary disks (Asunción Fuente)
- Observational methods and interpretation (Nuria Marcelino)
- Molecular excitation and radiative transfer, Circumstellar medium (José Pablo Fonfría)
- Chemistry in the circumstellar medium, atmospheric effects and calibration (Luis Velilla)
José Cernicharo will give a public talk in Puebla downtown on Thursday 13: “Moléculas en el espacio: Astroquímica”.