The Scientific Advisory Committee (SAC) of the NANOCOSMOS project comprises 5 top-level researchers:
- Prof. Gonzalo León (Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, Spain)
- Prof. Rodolfo Miranda (IMDEA-Nanociencia, Spain)
- Prof. Alain Omont (Institut d’Astrophysique de Paris, France)
- Prof. Farid Salama (NASA-Ames Research Center, USA)
- Prof. Stephan Schlemmer (Universität zu Köln, Germany)
The SAC members will help the PIs take decisions concerning critical issues of the project from the technical and scientific points of view. Through the life-time of the project, several dedicated meetings will be organized for those purposes. The first of these meetings was held at the CSIC headquarters in Madrid on February 5 and 6, 2015. After the presentation of the project by the PIs and several team members, the SAC made recommendations to reinforce synergies and increase coordination.